Your organization must be doing something right if it hires nearly 2,000 people in a year – including more than 1,000 for new positions.
That’s exactly what Santander Consumer USA’s talent acquisition team accomplished in 2014.
As a result of those efforts, the team recently received the 2014 Recruiting Team of the Year trophy from the DFW Texas Recruiter Network (DFWTRN) and the DFW Staffing Management Alliance (DFWSMA) at an awards event at Prestonwood Country Club in Dallas.
Winners were selected from more than 20 corporate and search firm nominees in the Metroplex.
“When I started with Santander Consumer USA almost three years ago as a recruiting manager, there were six members on the team,” wrote David Jaramillo, senior manager of talent acquisition strategies, in SCUSA’s presentation to the recruiting organizations. The talent acquisition group has grown to more than 16 associates over those three years.
“I’ve been fortunate to have worked alongside most of the team during this growth phase and enjoy seeing the camaraderie, excitement, diligence and focus in all facets of searching and engaging talent.”
Santander Consumer USA currently employs more than 4,600 full- and part-time associates.
The “Recruiting Team of the Year” is chosen by a panel of judges and based on the recruiting success and business impact of the recruiting teams during the last 12 months. The criteria include metrics measurement, customer satisfaction, innovation, use of tools and technologies, protecting candidate experience and overall company impact. Entries were judged by a panel of industry leaders.
In its presentation, the SCUSA team cited accomplishments including:
- Launch of a formal Career site, santandercareers.com, and branding via Glassdoor.com. The latter helped improve SCUSA’s rating 50 percent over 2013.
- A decrease in the corporate turnover rate to 15.9 percent, eight points below industry average, and a 12 percent improvement in the time required to fill open positions.
- Growth and development of SCUSA’s university relations program, which hired and managed 55 summer interns, approximately double the number of interns in 2013.
- Recruiting nearly half of the year’s placements through associate referrals and online sources.
- Customer satisfaction from candidates and hiring managers in the mid-90-percent range.
“A recruiting team’s approach to acquiring great talent for their company or client is one of today’s most strategic positions in an organization,” DFWTRN says on its awards webpage. “All too often this skill set goes unnoticed and receives little recognition.”
Jaramillo, who reports to Tim Gilkey, vice president of talent acquisition, had his own personal take on the development of SCUSA’s talent acquisition team: “This award represents the determination of all the talent acquisition members over the past two years. We started with a simple question – Why should someone work here? – and built up a team and processes that could answer it for any prospective candidate. It’s a thrill to see everyone’s hard work finally recognized.”
Congratulations to the SCUSA talent acquisition team for this recognition.