If you build it, they will come.
That was the expectation, at least, for the Learning Center on our website.
Occupying valuable website real estate, the Santander Consumer USA (SC) Learning Center pulls together content that can help you shop smarter and smooth out auto financing on your next car.
“Our number one goal [on the website] is to provide customers with the information they’re seeking and represent our corporate values,” said Patrick Daly, SC’s vice president of digital strategy.
Nowhere is that approach more important than in the customer Learning Center.
The Learning Center provides resources like our short-but-informative videos How Simple Interest Financing Works, plus a section on “Popular Financial Topics,” and links to our dealer locator, finance calculators, payment options, frequently asked questions and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
Resources also include sections “About Your Credit,” including the video, Why Your Credit Score Is Important, and “Budgeting and Debt,” which includes the video, Setting a Monthly Budget. Both of these short videos are a part of our new “Finance in Action” series.
Finance education courses cover broad subject areas such as “Managing Credit” and “Financial Health.”
For example, through managing-credit courses, visitors can:
- Learn about different finance options and how monthly payments are calculated.
- Learn the importance of a credit score, factors that impact it, and ways to protect your credit.
- Investigate causes of consumer fraud and identity theft, and identify ways to protect yourself.
- Find out how much interest you can save by using the avalanche payment method compared to the snowball method.
And financial-health courses empower visitors to:
- Learn how small changes to your daily routine can add up to large savings.
- Explore common features of checking accounts and how they work.
- Explore your monthly fixed and flexible expenses and identify areas for additional saving.
- Learn about setting savings goals and smart habits to help meet your financial needs.
Popular Financial Topics include “What to Do if You Are in an Accident,” “Knowledge Is Power: Getting the Right Deal on Your Next Auto Loan” and “I Need Another Car, Now What?”
Our blog Car Stories also resides in the Learning Center.
It includes hundreds of informative posts on topics ranging from The 10 best-selling cars of all time you can still buy – new or used to 14 almost-new (used) cars you can find right now for under $20,000 and Why should I get my car insured? Suffering a loss could be a disaster.
Overall, The Santander Consumer USA website provides millions of customers, the largest user group, and other visitors an informative and straightforward experience, whether they have been with us for a long time or have just financed a new or used vehicle with us.
Whether that involves customers creating or managing accounts, learning about payment options, getting help and support, or looking for product information to finance another car, truck or SUV.
The Learning Center is one piece of that effort.
Simple, Personal, Fair.