The health and well-being of our colleagues is a top priority for Santander Consumer USA during the spread of Coronavirus so we can be there for our customers.
We have implemented the Santander US Temporary Emergency Paid Leave Program for COVID-19 Pandemic School and Daycare Closures.
The program is designed to address the immediate needs of our colleagues who are affected by widespread school and daycare closures throughout the country, whether or not they have direct customer contact. It provides eligible employees with up to 80 hours of emergency paid time off without having to use their regular paid time off (PTO) first.
Meanwhile, we are taking workplace safety steps to support our associates, recognizing that we must take care of team members so they can take care of our thousands of customers:
- Instituting options for working from home and other dispersed work locations for greater social distancing.
- Establishing a Temporary Emergency Paid Leave Program that provides employees with additional paid time off to use to assist with dependent care needs related to the Coronavirus.
- Providing supplemental pay premiums for frontline customer support workers to help defray additional costs incurred while coming to work during the pandemic.
- Significantly increasing the frequency and scope of the cleaning protocols at all of our facilities.
- Eliminating non-essential travel.
“We believe that taking these steps will help keep Santander Consumer customers and employees safer,” said Lori Millard, executive vice president of customer service. “Of course, the spread of Coronavirus is a challenge for all of us, but by working together we can help defeat the virus.”
We are committed to helping contain the virus: If someone at one of our sites tests positive or is a presumptive positive, an intensive cleaning protocol will take place.
Our leadership team continues to monitor the situation closely and is following guidance from relevant authorities, including the CDC, the World Health Organization and various state and local governments.
“During this unprecedented time, we want to thank our employees for all they do as Santander Consumer continues to provide service and support to our customers,” said Sandra Broderick, Santander Chief Operating Officer. “Each of us has our own personal situation to consider, and I’m pleased to help meet the needs of our employees and customers.”