Help and Support

  • If your insurance company deems the vehicle a total loss, they will contact Santander Consumer USA to obtain a payoff amount and request a Letter of Guarantee (LOG).
  • To assist in expediting your claim, Santander will need the following documents from your insurance company:
    • evaluation
    • settlement breakdown
    • police report or Cause of Loss (COL) report
  • Include the insurance claim number, Santander Consumer USA auto loan account number or VIN number on all documents.
  • These documents must be faxed to (214) 540-5553 or emailed to

Monthly vehicle payments must be kept up to date during this process. If a balance remains after all payments are made, you still will be responsible to pay off the loan agreement.

Didn't answer your question? Contact Us

Still need help? Call us

All of our company contacts, customer payment information and dealer contacts.

Contact Us