- If your insurance company deems the vehicle a total loss, they will contact Santander Consumer USA to obtain a payoff amount and request a Letter of Guarantee (LOG).
- To assist in expediting your claim, Santander will need the following documents from your insurance company:
- settlement breakdown
- police report or Cause of Loss (COL) report
- Include the insurance claim number, Santander Consumer USA auto loan account number or VIN number on all documents.
- These documents must be faxed to 214.540.5553 or emailed to email@example.com.
Monthly vehicle payments must be kept up to date during this process. If a balance remains after all payments are made, you still will be responsible to pay off the loan agreement.