Help and Support

The state title office sent me the title to my vehicle. Is there anything I need to do?

Some states are known as title-holding states. These are states which forward a vehicle title to the registered owner, versus the lien holder. They include:

  • Kentucky
  • Maryland
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • New York
  • Oklahoma
  • Wyoming

A lender’s lien information is still recorded on the front of the title and the lender receives a separate document, reflecting interest in the vehicle. Some states refer to such documents as lien-entry forms, lien cards, security-interest filings, etc. Once a loan is paid in full, the lender will forward either the respective document or a release of lien to the registered owner or other interested party. This document will need to be attached to the title in order to complete any future transactions with that title.

If you do NOT reside in one of the states listed above and received your title prior to paying off your loan, contact SC immediately at 800-526-0157.

Didn't answer your question? Contact Us

Still need help? Call us

All of our company contacts, customer payment information and dealer contacts.

Contact Us