Help and Support

If you have moved or updated your name recently and need to transfer/update your registration and/or certificate of title, please visit your motor vehicle office to let them know you moved from another state or legally updated your name.

Many states require surrender of the existing title to reissue a new title. If this is a requirement of your new state of residence, Santander Consumer USA needs your local motor vehicle office to send a request for the title. Most states will require you to apply for the title and pay any title fees prior to them sending Santander Consumer USA a request for the original title. If you are updating your name, please send your updated driver’s license or official documentation (marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.) with the motor vehicle office request to Santander Consumer USA. The request can be either mailed or faxed to:

Santander Consumer USA
Title Department
PO BOX 961288
Ft. Worth, TX 76161
Fax: 214-237-3549

Once the request is received from the motor vehicle office, Santander Consumer USA will arrange for the title to be mailed. The title will be mailed directly to the motor vehicle office making the request. Because of the lengthy process in pulling and preparing the title, please allow a minimum of 4-6 weeks for the motor vehicle office to receive the title. All requests for title are sent via regular, first-class mail.

Didn't answer your question? Contact Us

Still need help? Call us

All of our company contacts, customer payment information and dealer contacts.

Contact Us